Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Fun Day - Crambo aka Bouts Rimés - Spider

Bouts Rimés means "rhymed ends" in French and is a game or challenge where one person (me) makes a list of rhymed words and others (you) write the lines that end with those rhymes, in the same order in which they were given. It was known as Crambo in English and was quite popular in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Will you help me bring back this hip historical habit?
 
 
Spider
Abider
Beginner
Spinner
Cobweb
Ebb
Wee
Sticky
 
 
Above are the words.
Get writing rhyme nerds!
There will be no winner. This is just for fun
and the joy of rhyming a smile for everyone.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. How I love the enthralling spider.
    A dazzling web is her abider

    The first time webbing as a beginner,
    instinctively a natural, master spinner.

    Intricately formed - then a cobweb
    over time her beautiful craft will ebb.

    Extraordinary she is for something wee,
    a home as wondrous as it's sticky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE what you did with these words! I wasn't able to come up with anything. :P

      I'm taking a little break from Crambo to participate in NaNoWriMo. I hope to bring it back in early December... even though it's mostly you, me, and Brian that like to play. :)

      Delete
    2. I understand. It's been too hard the past few weeks to join in, even didn't write posts to my blog for a week or so. Trying to get back into the swing of things.

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...