Saturday, November 29, 2014

What Are You Thankful For?

Thankful for Thanks
by Rachel Hoyt

image by Stuart Miles via freedigitalphotos.net

I'm thankful for the faces that
I see as often as my cat
And the ones farther away
Who share my blessed DNA.

I'm thankful for anyone who
Can cheer me when I'm feeling blue
And push my laugh to a new key
When I start with an ounce of glee.

I'm thankful for all things in life
Which ensure that I feel less strife -
Everything from my pillow
To caffeine, sweets and OK Go!
But, most of all, I'm thankful for
The fact that thanking helps me more - 
It reminds me that life's not so bad
And, in the end, makes me more glad.

Copyright © 2014 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.

This rhyme was inspired by two pieces of interesting "news" - 

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...