Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Fun Day - Crambo aka Bouts Rimés - Reflection

Bouts Rimés means "rhymed ends" in French and is a game or challenge where one person (me) makes a list of rhymed words and others (you) write the lines that end with those rhymes, in the same order in which they were given. It was known as Crambo in English and was quite popular in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Will you help me bring back this hip historical habit?
 

 
 
Reflection
Intention
Gazing
Amazing
Beauty
Greenery
 
Above are the words.
Get writing rhyme nerds!
There will be no winner. This is just for fun
and the joy of rhyming a smile for everyone.
 

4 comments:

  1. She stares back at her reflection
    Of moving, not the slightest intention.
    Just eyes met and gazing.
    Contemplations twice as amazing.
    The pond and the sky and the beauty.
    Sighs and settles back against the surrounding greenery.

    (I tried this time, at least ;D )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon thoughtful reflection
    I hesitated, pondering intention
    Desperately seeking, searching, gazing
    of something wonderful, truly amazing
    continuing on I searched for beauty
    to create an allusive, impromptu greenery

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...