Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Feeling Lucky?

(A bonus poem and contest for all of my fans.  I hope life brings you luck whenever it can.)

 

Sometimes I feel like a little spoiled rotten brat,
because although I won this, I'd rather have that.
I have strange luck at scoring myself tickets to shows,
yet continue to whine about my other life woes.
For nearly six years I've lived in a little doll house.
It's a bit more than rustic - my cat has a pet mouse.
Sill, it's affordably priced and conveniently located...
and my extra income must be lost or post dated...
because each time I check my balance online,
there is not enough money.  It's not moving time.
Perhaps I could find a guest house like the Quaids,
and live as a happy squatter the rest of my days.
Still I think I'd wish for my own simple living space,
and hope to win lots of money to make it a cooler place.

© Rachel Hoyt 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...