Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wacky Word Wednesday - Clowder

Clowder
(CLOU dur)

by Rachel Hoyt
 
image by Vlado via freedigitalphotos.net
 

If you had a clowder,
your life would be louder,
maybe you'd feel prouder...
but please don't feed them chowder.
On feeding dairy to cats, I'm no lauder
and a cluster of cats is a clowder.

No wise one feeds his clowder chowder.
 
© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.


Every week I rhyme and define a new wacky word.
Come on over to indulge your inner nerd.
And, please let me know of any weird words you've heard.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

12 comments:

  1. A clowder of cats . . . new one on me once again, but I can see me using this word in the future.
    Thanks for sharing, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Martha! I think I'll be able to use this word plenty in the future. It was new for me too. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving clowder, I've never even thought what the collective noun for a group of cats would be plus it makes me think of a cloud of cats, which is an odd but pleasant image :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, kitties in the clouds... a clowder in the clouds. :)

      Delete
  3. I seem to be a few cats short of a clowder and my oldest one would definitly eat chowder even though cats shouldn't drink dairy. Stinky(I know!) sits at my side waiting for me to finish my cereal so she can drink the milk and grumbles if I take my time eating, she gets very impatient when it comes to her milk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Some cats are gluttons for punishment by dairy. :)

      Delete
  4. I tried quizzing my partner on this, thinking she, like I, would be educated by this poem. She knew the word already. At least I learned something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these new words--a clowder, for sure would be louder! And then you have to watch our for the claws on those clowders--a clawder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the wordplay in this poem!

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...