Thursday, September 19, 2013

If You Grow Up In A Bubble, Be Cautious How You Burst

Bubble Life
by Rachel Hoyt



When you're inside looking out,
They don't hear you when you shout.
Opaque walls trap every sound,
From soaking into the ground.
Thoughts bounce around gaining strength,
Hoping to fly to great lengths.

When it pops and all falls down,
Spills into life's cracks and frowns,
Sounds begin to tap on ears,
Thoughts wig out and jump off piers,
The bubble ceases to be,
But that which it'd trapped lives to roam free.

Copyright © 2013 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.




Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. Love the poem. Great rhyme and imagery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff! I grew up in a bubble, so I know what I'm talking about. :)

      Delete
  2. Great title Rachel, and compelling poem to go with it. She lost me at the things she carried with her--red nail polish--really? Guess it's kinda like war paint, but my suspension of disbelief just got suspended...I love how you find these interesting stories :-) PS I was pretty much a bubble person too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She lost me at the nail polish and pearl earrings as well. :P

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...