Saturday, December 7, 2013

Bitcoins Aren't Just Taking Over Wallets, They're Innundating the News

Ode to Bitcoins
by Rachel Hoyt
 
image by idea go via freedigitalphotos.net
 
 
That thin air chain of golden weight,
That cha-ching we can't hear or feel,
That incognito, tax free bait
with trendy pop appeal -
 
How big your dreams to change the world,
How grand your plans to keep wealth safe,
How strange your game is tightly twirled
with what makes wallets chafe -
 
Oh that your roots grow strong and deep,
Oh that your limbs bend with the breeze,
Oh that your leaves fall in a heap
and end this fiscal tease.
 
Copyright © 2013 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved
 
 
Many bitcoin stories inspired me
to write this little ode for thee:
 
 
 
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

6 comments:

  1. ha. whatever circus they are running this week to keep the economy afloat you know....smiles....schemes.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I felt it was helping the economy. It infuriates me to no end to hear that they "haven't figured out how to tax it". It's either income, capital gains, or gambling, but shouldn't be allowed to exist before being classified... in my humble opinion. LOL

      Thanks for visiting, Brian! :)

      Delete
  2. You really need to work on your English usage. Half of your writing doesn't even make sense. Maybe you could take and English composition course at City College.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should work on your manners and back up your opinion with some facts. I always appreciate people who point out grammar errors so I can fix them. Every writer is human and makes mistakes sometimes.

      There are multiple websites that are proud to publish my writing.

      P.S. No, they are not other forms of self-publication like this blog.

      Delete
  3. Rachel, this is brilliant! This whole process is fascinating to me--making money out of ether, or that's how it seems :-) And, your grammar is perfect ;-) It's a poem--we get to play

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...