Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thursday Thoughts - Humans Came From Rats?!

Rat Rant
by Rachel Hoyt
 
image by Victor Habbick via freedigitalphotos.net
 
 
Please no, not a rat,
Anything but that,
Even a gnat,
Or an ugly bat,
But not that -
I come from no rat.

I like monkeys,
Can't I come from these
Primates that please,
Fur balls at ease -
Can't I come from these?
I like monkeys.

So what if they're tough?
They're ugly - no fluff,
No sparkle, all scruff -
I wish this was a bluff.
I've got sparkle and fluff,
Don't want to be that tough.
 
© 2013 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.
 
This rhyme was inspired by the news that we
 
 
Technorati Tags: Rat, Prehistoric, Ancestor, Rhyme, Poetry
 
Read more rhymes by Rachel at her column, Clickety Clack -
poetic news about Santa Barbarians talking back

6 comments:

  1. ha...rats in mass numbers...not good...much like any vermin...spiders...not in mass either...did you see those spiders in brazil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People in mass frighten me more than spiders and rats, that's for sure.

      Delete
    2. Hehe. Rats in mass numbers are scary. I did see the spiders. That would freak me out more than rats or humans.

      Delete
  2. Though the rats may be tough
    creatures coarse and rough
    Consider the slime and grime
    that populated the planet in an earlier time
    The kinds of things that make us say
    "I ain't touchin' that stuff"

    Life is coming and going
    to and from whence it came
    and after all these years
    it's that primordial ooze to blame

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...