Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Photo Fun - Something Adorned

Something Adorned
by Rachel Hoyt


A symbol of life, hope and strength,
Something I've adorned at length,
A treasure trove with open air,
Filled with whips we women wear.
 
© 2013 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.
 
 
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

 
Friday Photo Fun is when I share a randomly captured moment,
or perhaps a photo experiment with more purposeful intent,
then pair it with a rhyming riddle to exercise your mind
and teach you more weird facts to which you once were blind.

After the answer is guessed, I will post a second, non-abstract photo...
and just in case you wanted to know,
the first is not a photoshopped version of the second -

they're shot using different techniques that to me beckon.



M. James has solved this difficult riddle.
It's a jewelry tree. His brain is fit as a fiddle!

 

16 comments:

  1. ADDITIONAL CLUE #1 - Not just because we'd tease, a man would not have one of these. Straight or gay he'd have no need... but a transvestite or cross dresser would indeed. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for being the first guesser!! :) It is not panty hose.

      Delete
  3. ADDITIONAL CLUE #2 - Men might wear some of the things stored here, but displaying them like this would make them feel queer.

    ADDITIONAL CLUE #3 - Most women would put it out in their bathroom or on top of their dresser if there's enough room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Wanda!! Long time no see. :) :) :)

      It is not a wig... the answer to the riddle is used to store/display with style items worn on various parts of the body to accent one's personal style.

      Delete
  5. Is it a jewelry rack fashioned after a tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir it is! It's a jewelry tree. Good job! :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hehe. Eventually I would've posted the non-abstract picture even if no one figured it out. I was getting worried there for a bit. I don't want to be the mean girl with impossible to solve riddles, but I don't want to be the boring gal with the preschool riddles either. I'm glad you solved it!! :P

      Delete
  6. You really twisted that one up! The small earrings on the left being enlarged and centered really had me wondering. The tree looked nothing like I had imagined, but the blurred image seemed very tree like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take a while to get a good abstract picture of this one. I thought it still looked a little tree like and that you could see the earrings... which was supposed to help people guess without giving it away too quickly. In many of the other shots I took the earrings stood out like a sore thumb! :)

      Delete
  7. Got here a little late so I didn't get a chance to guess. Love your jewelry tree! Beautiful way to display your favorite pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never would have guessed without those extra hints--i thought it might be hair, you know sign of health and strength... at length... :-) good one! My jewelry "tree" is a sculpture of a dancer--your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your jewelry tree sounds really cool! I love that they come in so many different shapes now. :)

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...