Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Fun Day - Crambo aka Bouts Rimés - A Kiss

 Bouts Rimés means "rhymed ends" in French and is a game or challenge where one person (me) makes a list of rhymed words and others (you) write the lines that end with those rhymes, in the same order in which they were given. It was known as Crambo in English and was quite popular in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Will you help me bring back this hip historical habit?
 
 
Kiss
Remiss
Reminisce
Near
Appear
Disappear
 
 
Above are the words.
Get writing rhyme nerds!
There will be no winner. This is just for fun
and the joy of rhyming a smile for everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I remember his kiss,
    It makes me remiss,
    But I won't reminisce -

    Love always dangles near,
    Yet only appears
    When our doubt disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just one Kiss
    we' be Remiss
    not to Reminisce
    the way our lips fit, Near
    the heart, you Appear
    nightly, and in the morn Disappear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I picked the words, but why does it have to disappear in the morn? :P

      Beautiful rhyme. :)

      Delete
  3. I woke upon an awkward kiss,
    to not relate I'd be remiss,
    a snog I will not reminisce.

    I watched my cherished saunter near,
    then a humpback camel did appear,
    kissing me caused dream to disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This poem made me giggle. Is it based on a real life experience? :P

      Delete
    2. Not unless I dreamt it and forgot about it. You know how elusive dreams can be. It was just one of those things I wrote that almost wrote itself. You know how that happens sometimes.

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...