Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Photo Fun - Something Powerful

Something Powerful
by Rachel Hoyt
 
 
 
Held the power to grant the right,
In the name of religion to fight -
A symbol of pride to grip tight,
For to lose it was a shameful sight.
 
© 2012 Rachel Hoyt. All rights reserved.
 
 
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,
 
 
Friday Photo Fun is when I share a randomly captured moment,
or perhaps a photo experiment with more purposeful intent,
then pair it with a rhyming riddle to exercise your mind
and teach you more weird facts to which you once were blind.
 
After the answer is guessed, I will post a second, non-abstract photo...
and just in case you wanted to know,
the first is not a photoshopped version of the second -
they're shot using different techniques that to me beckon.
 
 
It didn't take long for Brian to guess
that a sword created the (above) fuzzy mess.

 

9 comments:

  1. I say it, we all do,'My God'. But that is what I said to myself when I seen the image before I read the words.

    The words add to the fuzy-ness of the image, but the past tense of the last line speaks to a sad reality -the fuzzy logic of religion, at least for me this is what it says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a sword!!!!!!! i think i got this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited a bit to respond to see if anyone else wanted to guess, but... YES! You are correct. Was it too easy? :)

      Delete
  3. Darn, I was thinking sword too.

    Glad you brought Friday Photo Fun back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, well... next week! It's hard to find enough objects to abstract, but I'll do my best to keep it weekly again. :)

      Delete
  4. I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Awards. I feel that due to your hard work put into creating your content and your persistence has really given me the choice to help you win. Please visit my link for more information about how to participate in this amazing ceremony. www.sksainitheauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mindy. So sweet of you to nominate me for an award. :)

      Delete
  5. Very cool!! I guessed it right away, yet really enjoyed how it also looks like a bird :-)

    ReplyDelete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...