Thursday, January 5, 2012

Smiley Sociology Study #12 - The No Evil Monkeys



One of my goals for this year is to make my studies
more Sociological however I can.
You can still contribute however you please,
but I will layout a more thorough plan.

I will offer many study ideas specifically,
which I plan to act upon myself.
You can write a post that fits randomly,
or do one of my studies yourself.

This month's theme comes from three monkeys
who neither see, speak nor hear evil doing.
More often than I lose my darn car keys,
it seems examples of this philosophy are brewing.

Do we think it's wise to keep quiet about "things"
to avoid becoming a part of the drama?
Are we waiting to speak 'til the fat lady sings,
or keeping the peace like the Dali Lama?

How often are we heeding the advice of this trio -
ignoring the dark deeds we know must exist?
Now, let's see if we can expand what we know.
Join me in the study!  It's futile to resist!!

THREE NON-RHYMING WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:

(1)  WRITE A POST about the "No Evil Monkeys" - Come up with your own twist on the theme or answer one of these questions: What do they stand for?  What is the origin of the saying, "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil."?  How often do you see examples of people living this saying?

(2)  LIVE STUDY - Count all the instances of people living out that saying which you come into contact with, take notes and share the following information in your post:

How did you encounter this example?  Personal, Business, Media or Other Reasons?

If the encounter was a story about the past, when did the instance actually occur?  i.e. someone might tell you today that they knew for years someone was cheating on someone and she kept her mouth shut.  From when to when was she or he keeping their mouth shut?

What happened?  Summarize the example and why you think it applies.

(3) INTERNET STUDY - Choose one type of example (doctors, teachers, CEOs, politician(s), etc.) and find as many examples as you can while searching the Internet.  Keep track of how much time you spend searching and collect the following information:

Total # of Searches Run

Keywords Searched For

Total # of Pages You Viewed

Total # of viewed pages that truly apply to your topic.

List the examples you found and describe how they apply.


DUE TO THE NEED TO BETTER PRIORITIZE MY TIME
AND MY DESIRE TO FOCUS ON WRITING RHYME
I'VE DECIDED TO CANCEL MY SMILEY SOCIOLOGY STUDY
UNTIL SOME UNKNOWN TIME WHEN I'M A LESS BUSIER BEE.

8 comments:

  1. No evil monkeys sounds like an interesting one, could make for some great rhyme fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like my topic choice! I've been obsessed with those cute little monkeys for a long time... and it's time to figure out why! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting topic indeed!

    http://rimlybezbaruah.blogspot.com/2012/01/canvas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Rimly. I would love for you to contribute a poem on the theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you come up with these interesting studies? It is a topic that would probably yield some amazing results :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like the topic. Now I just have to figure out how to get some participants... :)

      Delete
  6. Oh homework XD I have no place for the rhyming at the moment but I do still enjoy reading your studies, maybe we can help promote them and get some larger than life results x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rhyming required, you know... but I understand. :)

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...