Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Fun Day - Crambo aka Bouts Rimés - Funny Bunny

I think I'll stick with this new game a while.  I've got lots of regular photos and rhymes but few abstract photos and riddles (and I haven't heard any complaints about the switch).  Bouts Rimés means "rhymed ends" in French and is a game or challenge where one person (me) makes a list of rhymed words and others (you) write the lines that end with those rhymes, in the same order in which they were given. It was known as Crambo in English and was quite popular in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.  Will you help me bring back this hip historical habit?
 
A little white bunny I met once upon a time.  He says, if you want to use his picture, that would be fine.
 
 
Combo Crambo (A new twist...): Use the first word in the rhyme pair anywhere within the line and the second at the end of the line.
 
Funny bunny
Handy candy
Rotten cotton
Eat sweet
Sass grass
Hopping stopping
 
Above are the words. 
Get writing rhyme nerds!
I will crown a winner next week. 
Be sure to come back for a peek!

14 comments:

  1. I DECIDED TO TRY MY OWN CHALLENGE THIS WEEK TO CHECK THE DIFFICULTY... IT IS HARD! FEEL FREE TO MODIFY. YOU CAN SEE I HAD TO CHANGE STOPPING TO STOP AT THE END... :)


    I found it funny that a bunny
    Always had handy some hard candy
    Although he smelled like rotton cotton.

    He liked to eat all things sweet,
    And sass those who chew grass,
    'Til diabetes made his hopping stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I hadn't considered it, but you should totally do a rhyme with the chosen words each week.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They call it a holiday, but I smell something funny coming from that bunny

    Bibles, though they're handy, don't sell on Easter, quite like the candy

    What we see is a social soul rotten, hidden by a tiny tuft of cotton

    Though I know it's also a day for family to get together and eat, and that's sweet,

    Hanging with Aunt Yvonne and Sarah's sass, while gran'pa wishes it was warm enough to cut the grass-

    I'm here to say this holiday has gone off the rails hopping and there's little chance of it stopping-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great poem! You even managed to incorporate a serious Easter message. Bravo. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you liked it! I hope the other's swing by and do one. I might be biased a bit, but I hope this game picks up a few more players as the weeks march on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you. If I can't get at least 5-10 people interested in the next month, I don't plan to keep hosting the game. I have to put my energies where they are most worthwhile, you know? Thanks for participating and trying to help spread the enthusiasm! :)

      Delete
    2. Maybe there is no need to pick a winner, rather just post the words and have everyone offer up what they have. I can't say for sure, but maybe the competition aspect keeps people from posting.

      Delete
    3. I would be more than happy to try that! I thought people wouldn't want to participate on a small blog with no prize or link back of any kind. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the game. Sorry I didn't do it this time. This weekend was the ending of a VERY long month, and I had a number of pokers in the fire for the beginning of April. Essentially had four projects I was working on for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say the game is still open if you'd like to fire one up Jeffrey. I really enjoy reading the poems you and Brian write out each week.

      Delete
    2. The game is definitely still open. Enter anytime... but don't stress about it. There will be another one this Friday. :)

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...