Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Fun Day - Crambo aka Bouts Rimés

Let's try my new game again...  Bouts Rimés means "rhymed ends" in French and is a game or challenge where one person (me) makes a list of rhymed words and others (you) write the lines that end with those rhymes, in the same order in which they were given.  It was known as Crambo in English and was quite popular in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.  I think we need to bring back this hip historical habit, so I will post this game when I need a break from rhyming riddles and abstract photography.  I hope you enjoy the change of game!

(If you would like to use this photo of my cat Sammy with your poem and post it to your blog, please include a photo credit and link to my blog within your post.  Thank you.)



 
Louder
Her
Armour
More
Ore
Fanatic
Antic
Ick

Above are the words.
Get writing rhyme nerds!

I'll pick a winner early next week.
Be sure to come back and take a peek.

15 comments:

  1. Silently formed a kitty clowder,
    till suddenly they became much louder.

    Rache the cat - don't mess with her.
    Lo! She calls the clan for armour.

    Equipped with weapons - even more.
    That's why they mine the precious ore.

    In her mind, such a fanatic.
    But just a cat - so no such antic.
    Kibble inspired dreams are ick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is. I think I'll flesh out the poem next month before I post in my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm really enjoying providing inspiration and my abstract photography vacation. :)

      Delete
    3. I decided to use this one as my poem for the day. However, I amended it slightly. I'd be interested to hear if you like the modifications or no.

      Delete
    4. I just went over to read... I really like them! It is a much richer poem with the additional lines and word changes. :)

      Delete
  2. at starfall the cat clowder
    gets louder
    gather around her
    window, scant armour
    from their more
    ardourous mewling, ore
    unmined yet even shudders at high notes, fanatic
    about her sleep, she fits at their antics
    tosses a shoe, that misses and lands in the trash, ick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raised among the roosters and clowder
    Until a time that her visions grew louder

    It was a call for her
    To don her armour
    Her feats were known by kings and many more
    A threat to those consumed by jewels and ore

    Young and able, captured, called a fanatic
    The trial was the king's antic
    A dark deed done by crowned rat, Ick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love the fairy tale qualities this has! :)

      Delete
    2. You may know, but I was telling the story of Joan of Arc with this rhyme.

      Delete
  4. Rick, the loudmouth more annoying than a clowder
    And when he's drunk he's even louder

    His girlfriend said not to call her
    And filed a restraining order for armour

    He just gets worse and worse, more and more
    Silence is golden, but he's not interested in ore

    No, he's got the friends of a fanatic
    And they think he's a clown without an antic
    A stain on a stone that can't be cleaned, he's R ick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think I've met R ick at bars many times. :)

      Delete
    2. Here I was thinking R could stand in for "our" to give the visual quality of his name, more or less close the rhyme with the same word by which it was opened, and with the R, create the audible effect of "our."

      Delete

Rhyming or not, I would like a lot to hear the thoughts my words brought...